Friday, March 5, 2010

More Dr. Seuss in Tarkio




For the sixth year in a row, Chet Harper and I visited Tarkio Elementary School in Missouri, this
time on March 2, Dr. Seuss' birth date.

As he has for quite a few visits, Chet read from Cat in the Hat.

I got to read one of my favorite Seuss titles, Hop on Pop. And after this reading, the Kindergarten and First Grade audience hopped and popped.

You can see and hear some of the hopping and popping
antics on the video I created. And I uploaded a series of images for everyone to enjoy and download.

The video also contains a couple short sequences and a series of photographs, including shots of the youngsters' showing off their creations after watching a DVD of Yertle the Turtle.

Chet and I concluded the two-hour celebration with our final Green Eggs and Ham insanity of the season.



After our show, the youngsters walk to the cafeteria to eat green eggs and ham, topping off the birthday cheer with cupcakes.


We always enjoy our annul trips to Tarkio, and I hope later this spring to visit the school for some Feathers and Verses fun.

No comments: