Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Visit to Imperial Beach and San Diego


Kieth, Bill, and Tim

On 28 March, I arrived in San Diego for the first time in some twenty-five years.


My brother Keith picked me up at the air port, and in the morning, we met my other brother, Tim, in Imperial Beach, where all three of us ended up graduating from  Mar Vista High School.

 
With the expert assistance of Debbie Good, whom Keith has knows since their days in junior high, we spent a few hours walking in what became in the years since I last enjoyed solitary walks in the area between Imperial Beach and Mexico, the Tijuana River Slough, a National Wildlife Refuge.


And we enjoyed the conversation and especially the birds.  I had hoped to see an American Avocet at Merritt Island a couple weeks previous to my trip to San Diego, but no luck then.  We saw plenty of the beautiful birds on our walk in the sloughs.

To top off our afternoon, we all enjoyed an excellent lunch at a small Mexican restaurant.  I posted photographs from this most excellent time spent with my brothers.


I came to San Diego for Alpha Chi's National Conference, and spent Tuesday night through Saturday noon with the conference described in another blog entry to come.  

Saturday afternoon, however, I lunched with the Three Amigas and Mel (Evie's husband):  Twins Kathy and Karen Ray, and Evie Avinante, friends from Mar Vista High School--former cheerleaders.

And that evening, my brother Keith picked me up in Mission Valley and drove me to a dinner with his and my brother Tim's family.


I will make sure not to wait twenty-five years between visits.  



 



No comments: