Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last Home Football Game of the Season



The final home game of the season actually took place in Nebraska City, at Pioneer Field, a disappointing loss, 38-28, on an otherwise dazzling Autumn day.


Stephanie Shrader and the Nebraska City Economic Development Corporation organized a tail-gate party a the picnic area across the street from Nebraska City High School, where folks gathered before the game to enjoy freshly prepared popcorn, crisp apples, and hot apple cider.

During the game, I put my birding binoculars to use in the press box, helping to keep statistics.  I am pretty sure that I started working in the press box during my first year at Peru State, twenty years ago.  And I still find all this entertaining activity.

As usual, I posted images from the event.

And at halftime, the college celebrated last spring's Peru State Baseball Team's championship season.  Team members received plaques to commemorate the players' success.








 


No comments: