Friday, February 28, 2014

October-Feburary Birds on the Farm

 Northern Cardinal


 Red-bellied Woodpecker


 House Sparrow


Tufted Titmouse


As the conclusion of a glacial February staggers  to a welcome conclusion, I will begin another series of photographs that will chronicle feathers on the farm until the term's conclusion.

Most of the 70+ photographs I uploaded to Flickr.com describe what I call "The Usual Suspects" of my Yard Birds, including the Blue Bird on the right and the White-breasted Nuthatch on the left.

These months did not provide a lot of sunshine, but enough light broke through clouds now and again to allow me to capture some good shots of everything from a Disckcissel to a Pewee, the latter pictured on the right--and the Dickcisses on the left in the next paragraph.

Anyway, I look forward to taking and eventually posting pictures on the blog.

Look, too, to the Prairie Fire: The Progressive Voice of the Great Plains, for I will by June have two articles published there.


The first of the two-part series--"Birding in and around Peru, Neb:


  Fields, Water, Hills and Woods"--just got published in the March edition as part of "Prairie Fire's Migration Field Guide 2014."

Part Two, "Yard Birds of Peru" will focus on my backyard birding and "Feathers and
Verses" and other activities that join creative writing, birding, and photography.

So, join Prairie Fire, for you will pay nothing and enjoy some excellent reading.



 American Goldfinch


 Downy Woodpecker
 Dickcissel

 Eastern Bluebirds

 Tree Sparrow


European Starling



No comments: