Saturday, October 10, 2015

Twilight on the Prairie 2015





 PSC Education Major, Astrid Moore


As I have done for many years, I took part again in Twilight on the Prairie at Spring Creek Prairie near Denton, NE.  Taking part in the Audubon celebration always pleases me.


This year, PSC student Astrid Moore joined me for the fun and enjoyed herself a great deal working with children as they visited our station pretty much non stop from 5:15 until darkness compelled us to close shop after the sun settled.

As the photographs underscore--and guests kept us so busy I often forgot to take photographs--youngsters and adults joined in the bird fun, from listening to bird calls to coloring bird pictures and collecting bird photographs.  OK, collecting my photographs, which I love to share, of course. 

And this year, the event drew over five-hundred people, something of a record.  

I enjoyed myself a great deal, as did Education major Astrid Moore, who loved interacting with the youngsters.  


Spring Creek Prairie is a wonderful place to wander and to explore, from the Burr Oak woods to the Tall Grass Prairie. I look forward to my next visit.











No comments: